Monday, August 22, 2011

Chapt. 5 Groups and Organiztions


In Chapt. 5, Groups and Organizations, the article in Controversy & Debate (Computer Technology, Large Organization and the Assault on Privacy) discusses many real problems on today world of the every increasing use of the microchip to advance wider communication and other technology. Anyone with just a little knowledge can steal someone Else's identity, tack a persons real time movements from afar via their cell phone are microchips in their car, or monitor what we watch on TV or check out from the public library. It is the price we pay for the new connivance of the new technologies. On my Facebook account I've found out that by being completely open on things that are already public and closely monitoring what is post I can proactively control that aspect of my life. On other things (cell phone, car tracking) I just accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment